It's time to catch up with the Klopeks! We're thrilled to finally unveil the full specs for our upcoming release of Joe Dante's tongue-in-cheek horror classic The 'Burbs. So excited were we, in fact, that we decided to film a special report direct from the suburbs to mark the occasion, and here it is!
We think this package is a real corker and we hope you agree! Here are the specs in all their glory:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Theatrical cut, newly-restored from the original film elements
- Original uncompressed 2.0 Stereo PCM Audio
- Isolated Music and Effects Soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary with writer Dana Olsen, moderated by author Calum Waddell
- There Goes the Neighbourhood: The Making of The ’Burbs - A new feature-length documentary including interviews with Dante, actors Corey Feldman, Courtney Gains and Wendy Schaal, director of photography Robert M. Stevens and production designer James H. Spencer
- The original Workprint cut of the film transferred from Director Joe Dante’s personal copy, on home video for the very first time - includes deleted and alternate scenes!
- A Tale of Two ‘Burbs – Video featurette comparing the differences between the Workprint and Theatrical cuts of the film, with optional audio commentary from Dante
- Alternate ending, presented in HD for the very first time
- Original Theatrical Trailer in HD
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kenneth J. Souza, author of Scared Silly: The Films of Joe Dante, and an article looking at the collaborations of Joe Dante and composer Jerry Goldsmith, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.
And of course, don't forget that The 'Burbs will also be available as a Limited SteelBook!
Both editions are released on 15th September an can be pre-ordered from our online shop, conveniently linked here: Blu-ray and Blu-ray SteelBook.